Position: Advocacy & Monitoring Officer
Duration: 10 Month (3 months probationary)
Salary: As per organizational salary scale
Deadline: November 5th, 4:00 pm, Kabul time
Porsesh Research and Studies Organization (PRSO) is an independent non-profit policy research organization based in Kabul, Afghanistan. PRSO was officially registered with the NGO’s Department of Ministry of Economy of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan Under registration number of 3665 dated 05.08.2015. PRSO is established with a vision to produce and disseminate quality research and shape the research-based policy-making culture in Afghanistan by producing and disseminating quality research with an applied approach.
The overall objectives of The Tragedy Overload: How Suppression Led to Exodus of Afghan Hindus and Sikhs project are:
• To preserve the legacy of Afghan Hindus & Sikhs;
• To systematically document the suppression and exodus of Afghan Hindus and Sikhs since 1989.
• To Advocate for the remaining Hindus and Sikhs, also document and preserve the history and legacy of the citizens leaving or left the country.
Advocacy and Monitoring office will work closely with the project manager. She/ he will be responsible for producing a monthly report of the project progress, also a quarterly report based on data retrieved from the media and existing literature. Additionally, utilizing the data she/he gathers, the advocacy and monitoring office would be responsible to organize, events or campaigns advocating for the rights of projects’ target population.
• Monitoring the media for the relevant data and incorporating them in a systematic database
• Monitoring the project progress and preparing the monthly report
• Producing an analytical report using the data and information, gathered through media monitoring and reading materials
• Organizing events (virtual or in person) using the relevant information and findings of the quarterly report.
• Disseminating widely the relevant information through Porsesh’s network and Afghan civil society
• Attending the relevant events
• Any other relevant task, assigned by the project manager
The advocacy and monitoring officer should be mature enough, also be familiar with organizational culture. The detail for qualifications is as follows;
• Believing and respecting civil and human rights values
• At least B.A (Social Science/ law), master is proffered
• One-year relevant experience
• Fluent in English and local languages
• Excellent writing skill both in English and local
• Female candidates preferred
How to apply?
Interested applicants are highly encouraged to send their CVs & Cover leter to the following email until 4:00 pm, November 5th, 2020 Kabul time.
For further relevant information, please contact us at: +93781351991/ +93799030323