Position: Social Innovation Researcher
Location: Kabul; project cover areas (Afghanistan, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, Mongolia, Turkmenistan, Kyrgyzstan)
Duration: 6 Month (3 months probationary)
Salary: As per organizational salary scale
Deadline: November 15th, 4:00 pm, Kabul time
Porsesh Research and Studies Organization (PRSO) is an independent non-profit policy research organization based in Kabul, Afghanistan. PRSO was officially registered with the NGO’s Department of Ministry of Economy of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan. PRSO is established with a vision to produce and disseminate quality research and shape the research-based policy-making culture in Afghanistan by producing and disseminating quality research with an applied approach.
Porsesh in collaboration with Innovation for Change – Central Asia Hub completed developing The Civil Society Innovation Index (CSII) tools to measure the level of innovations of civil society organizations. The CSII comprise of two different tools; Self- assessment and External Assessment along with table of indicators, tools and research manuals. These tools allow CSOs to assess themselves, and initiate evidence-based intervention for their empowerment. Moreover, the External- Assessment tool allows researchers (external entity) to assess CSOs innovativeness across the whole sets of CSOs in the Central Asia and beyond.
The overall objectives of the project are to;
• Improve and enrich the Civil Society Innovation Index (Initial version developed by Porsesh in 2019)
• Implement the Civil Society Innovation Index (CSII)
• Generate index and produce an analytical report of the CSII
This position is highly technical and requires both research and analytical skills, as the researcher in collaboration with the team is responsible to conduct a comprehensive literature review for improvement and enrichment of the CSII’s theoretical basis. Moreover, the researcher has to contribute actively in index creation, analysis and write up of the CSII’s final report.
• Critical review of the existing documents (CSII) developed by Porsesh
• Review of the existing literature, exploring further for more relevant and updated literature both on civil society and social innovation
• Building a strong theoretical frame and refinement of the existing framework with reference to the literature in the areas of social innovation
• Improvement of the innovation indicators and sub- indictors table
• Actively contributing in the implementation phase of the project; covering the aforementioned countries (identification of CSOs and follow-up with Afghan CSOs) on data collection
• Generating index using data gathered through Porsesh web-based data collection mechanism
• Analysis and write up of the final report
• Addressing the feedbacks and comments from the stakeholders
• Attending the relevant calls and events (virtual or in person)
• Actively contributing to dissemination and presentations of findings
• Any other relevant task, assigned by the project lead
• Believing and respecting civil and human rights values
• Innovative and thinking outside of the box
• Master in (Social Science, Statistics, Economics or Business Administration)
• 3-year relevant experience, preferably in CSO sector
• Familiar with research & candidates with statistical background are preferred
• Fluent in English and local languages
• Excellent writing skill both in English and in one of the local languages
How to apply?
Interested applicants are highly encouraged to apply via the following email until 4:00 pm, November 15th, Kabul time.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org For other relevant information, please contact us at: +93792023227/ +93799030323